Release of First Half of 2022 Government Land Sales (GLS) Programme
Dec 16, 2021
1. The Government today announced the Government Land Sales (GLS) Programme for the first half of 2022 (1H2022), which comprises five Confirmed List sites and eight Reserve List sites. These sites can yield about 6,500 private residential units, 90,000 sqm gross floor area (GFA) of commercial space and 530 hotel rooms (see Appendix 1 & Appendix 2).
2. The Confirmed List comprises five private residential sites [including one Executive Condominium (EC) site] which can yield about 2,785 private residential units (including 495 EC units). The Reserve List comprises five private residential sites (including one EC site), two White sites and one hotel site. These Reserve List sites can yield an additional 3,715 private residential units (including 700 EC units), 90,000 sqm GFA of commercial space and 530 hotel rooms.
3. The Government will continue to monitor economic and property market conditions closely and adjust the supply of future GLS Programmes, as necessary.
Supply of Private Housing
4. The private housing market has been buoyant, with transaction volumes and prices on the rise over the past year, in spite of the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The inventory of unsold private housing units has also declined. To ensure that there is sufficient supply of private housing to meet demand and ensure market stability, the Government has decided to increase the supply of private housing on the Confirmed List to 2,785 units for the 1H2022 GLS Programme, from 2,000 units for the 2H2021 GLS Programme, and is prepared to step up supply further if demand remains strong. At the same time, the additional supply on the Reserve List will give developers a good selection of sites to initiate for development if they assess that there is demand.
Supply of Commercial Space
5. The White site at Woodlands Avenue 2 for a mixed-use development will be carried over from the 2H2021 Reserve List to the 1H2022 Reserve List. This site will provide opportunity for developers to initiate the development of more office and retail space if there is demand.
Supply of Hotel Rooms
6. The 1H2022 Reserve List includes a site at River Valley Road carried over from the 2H2021 Reserve List, which will provide the opportunity for developers to initiate for development of hotel rooms if there is demand.
PROPOSED RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL AND HOTEL SITES FOR 1H2022 GLS PROGRAMME
(1) The estimated number of dwelling units (DU) for Executive Condominium sites and sites in Central Area take into account the average unit sizes of recent comparable developments. The Development Control guidelines for the maximum allowable number of residential units are used to estimate the yield of residential units for sites in Outside Central Area. The estimated number of residential units have been adjusted based on revised site areas.
(2) New sites introduced in 1H2022.
(3) Site is imposed with a DU cap of 520 residential units.
(4) Site is imposed with a DU cap of 565 residential units.
(5) This is a Master Developer site with a total GFA of 390,000 sqm to be completed in phases over an estimated 11 to 13 years. The residential units for the site will be capped at 4,000 units and the non-residential GFA is capped at 50,000 sqm (including a retail cap of 10,000 sqm GFA). The estimation of 1,000 residential units and 10,000 sqm GFA of commercial space is based on the respective quanta expected to kick-start Phase 1 of the development and build up critical mass for this car-lite precinct.
(6) Site is imposed with a retail cap of 33,000 sqm GFA and a minimum office quantum of 45,000 sqm GFA.
(7) Site is imposed with a retail cap of 2,000 sqm GFA.
(8) Refers to estimated date the detailed conditions of sale will be available and applications can be submitted.
Status of the GLS Programme for the Second Half of 2021 (2H2021)
(as at 16 December 2021)
1. The second half of 2021 (2H2021) GLS Programme comprises thirteen sites, of which four are on the Confirmed List and nine are on the Reserve List.
2. To date, three of the Confirmed List sites have been launched for tender and the remaining Confirmed List site [i.e. Bukit Batok West Avenue 8 (EC)] will be launched in the later part of December 2021.
3. A total of six residential sites, two White sites and one hotel site remain on the 2H2021 Reserve List and will be carried over to the first half of 2022 (1H2022) GLS Programme.